Every time you add users to R&U a page, you would expect those users to receive a notification. With the QC Read & Understood email notifications feature, you can assign users to pages and they will get notified immediately about the pending review.
The possibilities this feature gives you
- You can notify newly assigned users to R&U a page by adding them within the QC R&U Page Overview page,
- You can notify users of pending R&U reviews due to new page versions by selecting the checkbox within the QC R&U Page Overview settings,
- You can select if you want or do not want to get notified for new page versions by selecting the checkbox within the user settings. Important note: you cannot choose whether you want to get notified of new page approvals or not. Once a user has assigned you to R&U a page and notifies you about the review, you can only choose to receive notifications about page updates.
What does it look like
In the pictures below you can see what the QC R&U Email Notifications look like. As you can see, there is the name of the user who invited users to R&U a page, a link to that specific page, a link to the Confluence instance, and a “Review Page” button.
When adding users via the QC R&U Page Overview
The steps to send email notifications about new R&U approvals are easy.
- Go to QC R&U Page Overview
- Add users
- Select the “Notify users via email” checkbox
- Click Add, and
- Done! Now all newly added users have received an email notification saying that you’ve assigned them to R&U the page.
When updating a page
If you want to let people know there is a new version of a page they need to R&U follow the next steps:
- Go to QC R&U Page Overview
- Go to the Settings tab
- Select the “Notify users for page changes” checkbox
- Click Update, and
- Done! Now every time a new version of the page is published, assigned users will get notified.
If you don’t want to get notified of new page versions
Let’s say you don’t want to get notified every time someone makes changes to a page resulting in a change in its version. You can easily change that by following these steps:
- Click on your profile icon, in the upper right corner
- Go to Settings
- Go to QC R&U Email Notification
- Make sure that the “Receive email notifications for page updates” checkbox is not selected
That’s it! Now you won’t get notified of every new page version.
Remind users of pending reviews
You can remind all the assigned users that haven’t approved the page yet by clicking the “Send Reminder” button on the QC R&U Page Overview.
The feature will automatically choose the users that are not in the “Approved” status. The QC R&U statuses that will get the reminders are:
- Approved older version,
If you do not want a user to get the reminder but you want them on the QC R& Page Overview table, simply remove them from the dialog that opens up when you click the “Send Reminder” button.